The two reasons why people lose money are:
1. Short term gratification
2. Self sabotage
We also explore what ‘capital gains’ are, and the difference between ‘short term’ and ‘long term’ capital gains.
– When you sell a capital asset for more than you purchased it, the result is a capital gain.
– Short-term capital gains result from selling capital assets owned for one year or less.
– Long-term capital gains result from selling capital assets owned for more than one year.
– Assets that are subject to capital gains tax include stocks, bonds, precious metals, real estate, and property.
– Short-term gains are taxed as regular income, according to the U.S. income tax brackets.
– Long-term gains are subject to unique tax brackets that are generally more favorable than the regular income tax brackets.
Do you want direct, breaking news alerts from Ignition Time? Get your cell phone out and from your cell phone, send an SMS:
TEXT IGNITION TO 70000
TEXT TIME TO 70000
FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS VIA TEXT, ACCEPT OUR DISCLAIMER & RECONFIRM YOUR EMAIL to get breaking news alerts that are fair and balanced. Opt out at any time.