Frequently Asked Questions About In Touch Billing
1. DO YOU CHARGE A FLAT FEE PER MONTH OR A PERCENTAGE BASED ON AMOUNT COLLECTED?
We charge a percentage of the revenue collected from the insurance companies. Here’s our service fee structure:
|MONTHLY COLLECTIONS||SERVICE FEE|
|$25,000 to $100,000||as low as 6%|
|$100,000 to $200,000||as low as 5%|
|$200,000 and above||as low as 4%|
Includes unlimited eligibility verification and unlimited credentialing services. ($50,000 a year value)
If the monthly collection is $75,000, the service fee could be as low as 6% of $75,000 = $4500
If the monthly collection is $150,000, the service fee could be as low as 5% of $150,000 = $7500
If the monthly collection is $225,000, the service fee could be as low as 4% of $225,000 = $9000
Our interests are aligned with yours. We only get paid on performance (what we collect). The more we collect, the less you pay, proportionately. You get to focus on what you do best, so you are not juggling several things at one. We put our team of billers, coders, audit prevention specialists and claim denial specialists to work for you. You see more collections and less denials. Everyone wins.
Here’s the best part – we do not force clients to sign annual contracts. After the first 90 days, you go month to month and you can cancel at any time with a 60 day advance notice. No fine print. It’s our responsibility to continue to earn your business every month.
2. IS THERE A MINIMUM SERVICE FEE CHARGED PER MONTH REGARDLESS OF BILLING VOLUME?
Yes, there is a minimum service fee that you will incur each month. This service fee is $1000/month. This fee covers the cost of the account manager, customer service and billers / coder assigned to your account.
The good news is this fee is applied as a service credit to your bill each month. .
Let’s say you collect $75,000 a month and have a monthly minimum service fee of $1000.
You pay 6% of collections.
If we collected $80,000 for you in a given month, your service fee would be 6% of $80,000, which is $4800. However, since you have already paid $1000, you would only be charged a service fee of $3800 (since $1000 was applied as a service fee credit for that month).
However, let’s say we only collected $10,000 in a given month. Your service fee would be 6% of $10,000, which is $600. You would owe $600, but you have already paid the minimum service fee of $1000 for that month. Therefore, you will owe nothing for that month.
As you grow your practice, we become proportionately less expensive. You save more with us as you grow.
3. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS SERVICE? DO YOU CHARGE FOR HANDLING COLLECTIONS?
Here is everything that’s included.
- Integrated software for online eligibility verification and scheduling
- Unlimited eligibility verification service
- Unlimited payer credentialing service
- Claim review and entry within 48 hours
- Claim scrubbing
- Primary claim submission (electronically and by mail)
- ERA/EOB posting of claims
- Claim resubmission (if needed), secondary, tertiary claim submission
- Denial management, payer follow up
- Monthly account review call with your account manager and reimbursement best practices overview
- Statement generation (upto 100 patient statements are included each month. If you would like us to print and mail additional statements for you, the cost is 99 cents per statement including postage)
4. DO YOU CHARGE FOR HANDLING PAPER CLAIMS?
No, there is no additional fee for creating and mailing paper claims.
5. DO YOU CHARGE FOR HANDLING PATIENT STATEMENTS?
Yes, there is an additional fee if you would like us to print and mail statements for you if you need more than 100 patient statements mailed every month. The fee is 99 cents per statement including postage. You can, alternatively, print an unlimited number of statements on your own and have your office mail them to your patient.
6. WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE MY CLAIMS AND OR CHARGES FROM MY EMR? HOW DO I GET CLAIMS OVER TO YOU?
Here’s the good news. If you are using In Touch EMR, your claims will come over automatically to In Touch Biller Pro. If you are not using In Touch EMR, you can fax/email us your billing logs/clinical records and we’ll enter them manually in In Touch Biller Pro for you. You’ll be provided with a dedicated fax number so you can send us your billing sheets.
7. HOW QUICKLY DO YOU SUBMIT CLAIMS?
From the moment we receive the claim, we’ll make sure it’s submitted to the insurance company (electronic submission or paper claim) within 24 hours. In most cases, we submit the claim within 2 hours.
8. DO YOU HANDLE RESUBMISSIONS, REJECTIONS, AND DENIALS?
Yes, all these services are included.
9. DO YOU POST ERA/EOB PAYMENTS OR DO WE?
Absolutely! Just fax us your EOBs and we’ll enter them for you. We’ll handle all ERAs and reconcile them with patient accounts as soon as they come in, typically within 24 hours.
10. DO WE GET AN INVOICE EVERY MONTH SHOWING THE CHARGES AND WHAT WAS COLLECTED FOR THAT TIME PERIOD?
Yes, we send out invoices on the first Tuesday of every month.
11. IS THERE A CONTRACT? HOW LONG? CANCELLATION FEES?
No there are no contracts. After the first 90 days, you can go month to month. Cancel at any time with 60 days advance notice. No cancellation fees or penalties. The onus is on In Touch Billing to work hard to retain your business every month, and to keep you happy. Learn more about this when you click here to schedule a call to learn more about our billing services.
12. CAN I KEEP MY EXISTING EMR AND BILLING SOFTWARE / CLEARING HOUSE? AND WHAT IF I DECIDE TO SWITCH?
Yes, you can keep your existing EMR and billing software and clearing house. Our billing service team can use your existing software setup to get you paid, since we are experienced with almost all software products on the market. We work with several hundred clients and we’ve seen every software there is. However, if you want to switch to In Touch EMR and In Touch Biller Pro (and our clearing house Nextgen), we can help you migrate to a vastly superior product! Just schedule your billing strategy call and schedule a demo or click here to schedule your In Touch EMR demo.
13. HOW DO I REACH THE BILLING DEPARTMENT FOR SUPPORT OR QUESTIONS?
For billing service support, you can contact the billing department at 800-421-8442 and press 3 to transfer to billing. You can also email or call your designated account manager for support and questions pertaining to your billing.