Frequently Asked Questions About In Touch Billing
1. DO YOU CHARGE A FLAT FEE PER MONTH OR A PERCENTAGE BASED ON AMOUNT COLLECTED?
The amount we charge is very competitive and beats well-known industry standards. Also, we charge a percentage of the amount collected (not the amount billed).
The percentage we charge depends on:
- – Claim volume (the higher the claim volume, the lower the fees)
- – The number of licensed providers (if there are more than three licensed providers, you may be subject to additional fees)
2. IS THERE A MINIMUM FEE CHARGED PER MONTH REGARDLESS OF BILLING SENT?
Yes, there is a minimum billing amount that you will incur each month. To learn more about this amount, please schedule a call with us.
3. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS SERVICE? DO YOU CHARGE FOR HANDLING COLLECTIONS?
Here is everything that’s included.
- Integrated software for online eligibility verification and scheduling
- Claim review and entry within 48 hours
- Claim scrubbing
- Primary claim submission (electronically and by mail)
- ERA/EOB posting of claims
- Claim resubmission (if needed), secondary, tertiary claim submission
- Denial management, payer follow up
- Monthly account review call with your account manager and reimbursement best practices overview
- Statement generation (if you would like us to print and mail statements for you, we can do that at 99 cents per statement)
4. DO YOU CHARGE FOR HANDLING PAPER CLAIMS?
No, there is no additional fee for creating and mailing paper claims.
5. DO YOU CHARGE FOR HANDLING PATIENT STATEMENTS?
Yes, there is an additional fee if you would like us to print and mail statements for you. That fee is 99 cents per statement. You can, alternatively, print an unlimited number of statements on your own and have your office mail them to your patient.
6. WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE MY CLAIMS AND OR CHARGES FROM MY EMR? HOW DO I GET CLAIMS OVER TO YOU?
Here’s the good news. If you are using In Touch EMR, your claims will come over automatically to In Touch Biller Pro. If you are not using In Touch EMR, you can fax/email us your billing logs/clinical records and we’ll enter them manually in In Touch Biller Pro for you. You’ll be provided with a dedicated fax number so you can send us your billing sheets.
7. HOW QUICKLY DO YOU SUBMIT CLAIMS?
From the moment we receive the claim, we’ll make sure it’s submitted to the insurance company (electronic submission or paper claim) within a maximum of 5 business days. In most cases, we submit the claim within 2 business days.
8. DO YOU HANDLE RESUBMISSIONS, REJECTIONS, AND DENIALS?
Yes, all these services are included.
9. DO YOU POST ERA/EOB PAYMENTS OR DO WE?
Absolutely! Just fax us your EOBs and we’ll enter them for you. We’ll handle all ERAs and reconcile them with patient accounts as soon as they come in, typically within 24 hours.
10. DO WE GET AN INVOICE EVERY MONTH SHOWING THE CHARGES AND WHAT WAS COLLECTED FOR THAT TIME PERIOD?
Yes, we send out invoices on the first Tuesday of every month.
11. IS THERE A CONTRACT? HOW LONG? CANCELLATION FEES?
Yes, this is a one year contract. At the end of the year, you can renew for another year. Cancellation fees are applicable and you can learn more about this when you click here to schedule a call to learn more about our billing services.
12. ARE THERE ANY ENROLLMENT FEES?
There is a one-time $219 enrollment fee which is non-refundable. This can be waived depending on the volume of claims submitted every month.
13. HOW DO I REACH THE BILLING DEPARTMENT FOR SUPPORT OR QUESTIONS?
For billing service support, you can contact the billing department at 800-421-8442 and press 3 to transfer to billing. You can also email your designated account manager for support and questions pertaining to your billing.